Radar Demonstration Kits Available from Quonset Microwave!
As the old saying goes, ask and you shall receive. Well hold on to your oscilloscopes Tin-Can fans! Quonset Microwave’s Radar Demonstration Kit is the first complete cantenna radar kit to hit shelves and it looks awesome!
Quonset Microwave has put together three different bundles depending on your preference of options that are currently available for pre-order, with an initial ship date of August 2013. The base kit includes all the necessities: Radar Board, cantennas (2), and the cabling kit. The other two kits build on this adding a tripod, mounting plate, and USB Battery Pack. To see how the kits and pricing break down check out Quonset Microwave’s website here: Link.
Operating at the International 2.4 GHz ISM Band, the Radar Demonstration Kit provides two interfaces for control: USB and Bluetooth. You read that correctly, Bluetooth! We expect to see some interesting projects utilizing that feature. There is also a filter prototyping area on the Radar Board for developing custom filters! We can’t wait to see what our Tin Can Radar Forum users can do with these kit!
Key Features of the Radar Demonstration Kit:
- Operates in the International 2.4 GHz ISM Band
- Output Frequency Range: 2.25 GHz to 2.5 GHz
- Control through USB and Bluetooth
- Android application coming soon
- Available Radar Modes
- CW (Continuous Wave)
- FMCW (Frequency Modulated Continuous Wave)
- Available Output Waveforms
- Single Tone
- Frequency Ramp
- USB powered from your computer or optional USB battery pack
- Mounting platform with Tripod mount available
- Onboard speaker to listen to the received waveform (after downconversion)
- Signal strength meter
- Use preset filtering or use your own filtering in the filter prototyping area
Here is the full brochure from Quonset Microwave.